Una Noche 2019
Jan 18, 2019 | Events
Una Noche is coming, and we need your help.
Our annual auction and parents’ night out — Una Noche — is quickly approaching. This year it will be:
Saturday March 9th from 6 to 11pm
at the Women’s Building
3543 18th Street
Una Noche is an awesome night of food, drink, dancing, and merriment, where parents and friends of the school can bid on tons of great items from community businesses large and small. The money raised supports crucial academic and enrichment programs for our students that are not fully funded by the district, including arts enrichment programs, physical education, hands-on science instruction, and classroom supplies and books.
Towards that end, we are asking everyone to solicit businesses or friends that might be willing to donate a gift certificate, service, or tangible item. Your local coffee shop, car mechanic, or watering hole…? Your aunt’s tattoo parlor? Your dad’s pupusa company? Anything. Or maybe you have credit somewhere or a gift certificate lying around that you need to put to use? Other ideas are restaurant gift certificates, recreational activities, any kind of classes, hotels, gift certificates for boutiques, etc. You can pitch it as both a great way to contribute to the community and to advertise their business, attract new customers, and do some good PR.
- Please review the list of businesses on this Google Sheet.
- Put your name next to any that you know or frequent, paying special attention to the businesses that have donated in the past few years (highlighted in purple).
- For businesses that are not on the list that you want to solicit, please add the information at the bottom in a new row. (Don’t worry about sorting the spreadsheet; we can do that.)
- Fill in the fields for “Date Contacted,” “Donating for 2019,” and “Item Description.” Note: you may want to inform the business of their previous donation(s) if it helps. Also, please keep track of contact names.
- Please complete solicitations by February 14th and ask for donations by March 1st.
Here is a link to a template solicitations letter with the tax ID and other general information. Please edit and use as you see fit!
Buy your tickets now!
Beer, wine and food are included in the ticket price — which is on a sliding scale!
The first 50 people to buy tickets will receive a special commemorative wine glass.
Childcare is available for only $25 per child, but you MUST reserve a spot in advance.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. This step is crucial for the auction’s success, and we thank you in advance for making this year’s Una Noche another fun and successful event!
Thanks from the Una Noche Crew.
Wonderful World of Huerta
A special message from Georgia — one of our amazing Una Noche volunteers…
Wonderful World of Huerta is a special auction category that includes offerings you donate with your special talent(s) and/or time. They are huge hot sellers every year! I can help create a new one for you, or you can do the same as you have in the past.
Please get back to me soon about what you want to do, or if you want an idea of what to do. You can also say, “I’ll do what I did last time”, or “can you tell me what I did last time?”
p.s. — I can help set limits for # of kids and expiration date (or specific date), so it stays convenient and easy for you.
- Swim lessons
- Surf lessons
- Hamilton playdate and singalong
- Manicure with ________ for up to 2 lucky kids
- Hiking in Glen Park canyon for 2 hrs.
- Spanish Translation/Lesson for up to 2 hrs.
- a picnic in the park
- Pizza party w/babysitting up to 4 kids
- A jog afterschool
- Basketball lessons for 2 hrs.
- Baking lessons for a family
- An art party for 2 or 3 hrs.
- music lessons
- Museum outing
Be creative, have fun, pretty much everyone in our community has something to offer and teach! Thank you for your Wonderful World of Huerta donations in advance.
Peace, Georgia right here at email@example.com
Dolores Huerta Orientation | Orientación de Dolores Huerta
Wednesday May 22
6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Dolores Huerta Elementary School, 65 Chenery St, San Francisco, CA 94131, USA
El desayuno De voluntarios | Volunteer Breakfast
Friday May 24
8:45 am to 9:45 am
Patio de la Biblioteca | Library Patio