Welcome to the Dolores Huerta community!
There are many ways to connect with fellow Dolores Huerta families and to learn what needs to happen before school starts and in the first weeks. You can find some helpful information below. Also check out our FAQs page.
Fall–Winter, 6–10 months before starting at Dolores Huerta
- October–January: Take a School Tour.
- January: Submit applications to SFUSD.
- March: Receive confirmation of enrollment.
- May-June: Register at the school.
- Sign up for all School Communications.
Important notifications will come via these communications channels.
- May: Come to a welcome orientation for incoming kindergarteners.
- June–August: Come to a summer playdate for incoming kindergarteners.
- If needed, signup for Extended Care.
August and September
- Stock up on school uniforms. Good deals here: Shop for Dolores Huerta
- Week before school starts: Attend Kinder Orientation (meet your child’s teacher)
- Fill out the parent information form, either online or in print. You will receive a notification via email, the Newsletter, or the Yahoo group for this.
- Complete your child’s immunization forms before the first day of school.
- Create a school lunch account online at https://www.schoolcafe.com/
- Plan on attending the first PTA Meeting — usually on the 4th Tuesday in August.
- Attend Back to School Night to learn about what goes on in the classroom — usually in early September.